Fridges are lined with thin plastic which helps in keeping the fruits, foods, vegetables and drinks safe. It protects the edible items from spilling and hence it is important to maintain it in the best possible condition. It won’t be wrong to say that without the plastic line, your refrigerator won’t work efficiently. If the liner is damaged then the cold storage box will need more energy to maintain the temperature and keep the appliance cool. It has been seen that not all the liners are made in the same way. Some are thick while others are thin and this is the reason why they get easily damaged. When such a situation occurs then people do look for experts who specialise in offering the best fridge repairs in Greenacre.
Now if you are facing such a situation and want to repair the plastic liner of your fridge on your own then you can follow the tips which are mentioned in detail below.
Tips To Repair Plastic Fridge Liner
1. Before you start the repair work the first thing you need to do is arrange all the tools and materials that are needed for this purpose. You must have aluminium or stainless steel sheet metal, caulk gun or project adhesive, centre punch, measuring tape, duct tape, hammer, etc. Without having the right set of tools it won’t be easy for you to even repair small cracks in the liner.
2. To repair the small or large cracks you need to prepare for them. Turn off your fridge and remove all the items from inside.
3. You have to carefully clean and then measure the area that needs to be repaired. Then you need to mark the cracked area of the liner and then safely apply a thin layer of silicone adhesive on the cracked surface. After this, you need to apply sealant around the damage edge and wait until it is dry. This is what professionals who offer the best fridge repairs in Abbotsford also do.
4. Cut the right size of a strip of fibreglass cloth that is needed to cover the cracked plastic liner. Apply the sealant on the fibreglass strip and put it along the damaged area. You must perform this task gently without applying too much pressure to avoid making things more complicated. If you have used sanding dust to smooth the sealant then you should remove it with a damp rag. Wait for some time till the sealant is cured.
5. The last thing you need to do is install the shelves, drawers and other items which you removed and set the temperature at the right level.
These are the few things you need to do. In case you find it a tough task then it is better to hire experts to manage it. You can trust them to give you the best possible result.
Hiring experts from Fast Fridge Repairs is one of the best things you can do because we are trained, certified and insured. We do use the latest tools and technologies and only genuine parts to replace a broken or damaged one. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we have always been successful in exceeding the expectations of our customers. To hire our expert for fridge repairs in Greenacre you can call us at 0405 972 558. As we do offer a great service with a warranty so you can be sure of getting the best possible result.