Electrical Appliances develop snags, even if they are from the best brands in the world. And refrigerators are no exceptions, also if they are from brands of the stature of Fisher and Paykel.
While it is true that you need to summon quality companies that carry out Fisher and Paykel fridge repairs, you have your responsibility as well, to make the most out of the repair work, which might have resulted in a formidable amount of expense.
That is the reason when you hire Fast Fridge Repairs our techies would not only solve the issue you are facing but will give you tips about the best way to store foods thereafter.
Now let us come to the point! How to store foods in the refrigerator so that they are in the best conditions. In fact, stacking fresh, perishable food in the fridge helps not only to extend the storage period but make sure you can get the best benefit out of your fridge.
Fridges, if repaired and maintained correctly, will reduce the temperature adequately, thus helping to eliminate the major reasons behind food spoilage. It will help you to get rid of bacteria, yeasts and moulds, and keep at bay the physical and chemical reactions that are the significant causes of food spoilage.
How different foodstuff need to be taken care of?
Dairy Eggs and Foods
- Majority of pre-packed dairy products have a ‘best to use before’ recommended-date stamped. Store them only after making sure, that date is yet to cross.
- When storing butter, you need to store it in a sealed container as it can very well get tainted by foods with strong odours.
- Our technicians who provide Fisher and Paykel fridge repairs in Sydney would give valuable tips on how to store red meat to get the best results.
- They would recommend you to place fresh meat on a bowl or plate and loosely cover it with an aluminium foil or plastic wrap and waxed papers.
- Store raw and cooked meat separately for the best results. It will prevent juices from the raw meat from coming in contact with the cooked stuff and contaminating it.
Use Delicatessan meat within the recommended storage period.
- Rinse fresh whole birds inside out, along with cold running water. Dry it and place it on a dish or plate. Again, cover it with a foil and plastic wrap.
- Never stuff poultry immediately before cooking. It may result in food poisoning.
- Once you have cooked the poultry, cool it down and refrigerate it fast. Remove the stuffing and store it in the fridge separately.
Seafood and Fish
Again, when it comes to storing seafood and fish, our techies would advise using fillets and whole fishes on the very day of purchase. However, if you at all need to store seafood and fish, store them on a plate. Loosely cover them with a waxed paper, plastic wrap or foil.
When it comes to storing stuff overnight or for a more extended period, you need to be selective. Opt for optimally fresh fishes.
When storing whole fish, rinse it properly in cold water to get rid of the loose scales and dirt and pat it dry with paper towels. Now store the entire fish or fillets (in case you cut it) in a sealed plastic pouch or bag.
So that’s what our technicians at Fast Fridge Repairs who provide Fisher and Paykel fridge service in Sydney would advise about storing meat, seafood, fish and dairy products. For further details, call us at 0405972558 during our business hours.